We had a lot of fun with this show. It was a challenge to shoot. Lots of locations. Lots of moving parts. Typically we feature 4 or 5 places in a given episode, this one was double obviously. Took a lot more planning, script tweaking, and overall massaging to get it done. I hope you enjoyed it. As always, we try to find great stories and share them with you. This was no different. In case you were looking for a list…here it is. And remember, we didn’t rank anything. Just made a nice list.
- Vinnie Van Go Go’s – 317 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA, 31401. Located in City Market this place is a Savannah institution. Cash Only. Enough said.
- Sammy Greens – 1710 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401. Great Sandwiches. Open until 9:00pm
- Midtown Deli – 7805 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA, 31406. Not many great deli’s in Savannah. This one is a treat.
- Kayak Café –1 East Broughton Street, Savannah, GA, 31401. Very very popular at lunch time. Great soups and sandwiches
- Zunzi’s Express – 108 East York Street, Savannah, GA, 31401. Possibly the most popular on our list. Mediterranean and South African influences. Great Sandwiches.
- Betty Bomber’s –New spot in the American Legion Hall at 1108 Bull Street, Savannah, GA, 31401. This newcomer servers everything from burgers and sandwiches to tacos.
- Café Zeum at the Jepson Center for the Arts at 207 West York Street, Savannah, GA, 31401. Best venue in town for lunch. Hands down.
- Sisters of the New South – 2607 Skidaway Road, Savannah, GA, 31404. If someone told you about this place, they were not lying. It is that good. Open for breakfast too.
- Papillote –218 West Broughton Street, Savannah, GA, 31401. French cuisine. Not stuffy. Grab at a counter and seat yourself. Very casual. Very delicious.
- Tybee Island Social Club – 1311 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA, 31328. Not uncommon to find other area chefs there on their day off. What started out as a beachside taqueria has exploded into one of the most popular places on Tybee Island.
See you on TV.