Funny thing at my house, my daughter is rail thin but she is obsessed with two things. Ice cream and pancakes. On St Patrick’s Day here in Savannah, I’ll make green pancakes, it has become a tradition. Beyond that, she is beginning to experiment with different fruit toppings and additions to her pancakes. Her favorite is bananas. Now to be fair, adding pancakes and syrup and sugar and butter to you pancakes could leave you with flattened banana nut cakes, but this freeze dried fruit could be a better alternative. I gave this recipe a look. Haven’t tried it yet, quite frankly, but we thought we’d share it. Let me know if you try it at home.
Fruttata Banana Pancakes
• 1.5 cups flour
• 3.5 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 egg
• 1.25 cups milk
• cooking spray
• .36 oz bag of Fruttata Banana crisps freeze dried fruit
• Sift together flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
• Whisk in melted butter, egg, and milk until combined. Let batter rest 5 minutes.
• Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
• Pour batter into skillet, 1/4 cup of batter each pancake.
• Cook 2-3 minutes.
• Flip and add contents of dried fruit bag chopped into smaller desired pieces.
• Cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Fruttata