Nice change of pace from the every day powdered mix stuff. Take your time on this one, you won’t regret it. Drink It and Like It.
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
Ground cinnamon (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine milk, half-and-half, coffee powder, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the ground chipotle chile pepper. If desired, cover bowl and chill for up to 24 hours.
2. Transfer mixture to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in chocolate pieces. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours, whisking vigorously once halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately or keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
3. Before serving, whisk well. To serve, ladle beverage into heatproof mugs or cups. If desired, garnish each serving with whipped cream and/or sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
****Courtesy Better Homes and Gardens.