It’s my favorite time of the year. Yes, I enjoy when it gets darker earlier. I enjoy cool, crisp jacket weather. I enjoy window shopping after a great dinner. I am a sucker for Fall and the whole routine all the way through New Year’s Day. The most wonderful time of the year. A whole lot of what-nots going on in our area. Here you go…
- If you missed my piece on where you can get a boost for your holiday meal, click here. There are a good number of restaurants in this area offering some of their goodies for your holiday spread.
- The Jepson Cafe. Yes, inside the Jepson Center. I am hearing very good things about this new eatery. We’ve dispatched our Eat Squad. Look for that review very soon.
- Speaking of great food. They are about a year old, so no “New Kid on the Block” monikers here. But you owe it to yourself to visit NEO. It’s in Bluffton just before you get to the bridge to Hilton Head Island on US 278. Great looking space, great looking and tasting food. I plan to re-visit, Eat and Like a full selection of things, then report back.
- Speaking of Hilton Head Island. Pretty cool concept last week. Several area chefs came up with the idea of a “Pop Up” dinner to raise money for typhoon victims in the Philippines. The effort was spearheaded by One Hot Mama’s Orchid Paulmeier. She is of Filipino descent and wanted to do something, she says. Within five days they put together a five course wine pairing dinner for over eighty people. All proceeds going to the victims. Tremendous effort.
- Bu-ba-Q now open on MLK in the old Blowin’ Smoke location. Savannah is their 2nd spot. They have a location in Woodstock, Georgia.
- Adam Turoni, Savannah’s Rock Star chocolatier is having a chocolate making class this Tuesday. 7pm-9pm. He will show you how to make all kind of great stuff including some of his famous truffles. Space is limited. Click here for more information.
- Speaking of sweets. The Westin Savannah Harbor unveils their all new 2013 Gingerbread house display. (pictured above) I was one of the judges to determine a winner. So great to see how much this event has grown. You’ll find them in the lobby at the Westin through the New Year.
- Save the Date. The Second Annual Iron Chef Savannah. February 23rd at the Southern Women’s Show. Chefs TBA
- Also for your calendar, our extremely popular “12 Days of Christmas” recipes Sponsored by Savannah Technical College debuts December 5th and runs through the 20th. 12 days, 12 recipes for holiday fare from our area restaurants. Yes, the dishes you enjoy there you’ll be able to make at home.
- Our Gourmet Foodie Tour has moved to once per week from once per month. Click here for more information. Email us at email@example.com to check availability. Every Sunday night 6pm-9pm.
That’s it for now. Don’t forget to set the DVR. Every Sunday morning. 7:30 am on WSAV-TV.
Find us here: Facebook
Find us here: Twitter