Running off at the keyboard while juggling 6 bowling pins and a spatula.
- One of Savannah’s best kept lunch secrets? At the Jepson Center for the Arts. Café Zeum. I have blogged about them before, but they deserve a mention. Same people that bring you Starland Café. Great food (had their corn chowder the other day…excellent). Sandwiches, Salads and soups in a quite possible the prettiest spot to have lunch in town.
- I also had one of the worst meals I’ve had in this town recently. No, I am not going to tell you where, but it was ‘fine dining.’ I’m still shaking my head at that one. It was bad, yes, but I was more disappointed that some eateries just don’t seem to care enough.
- I am told (but have not yet tried) a new place that just opened on the corner of Barnard and West Waldburg is serving up excellent burgers. Claytons Place has had a ‘coming soon’ sign on it for about 3 years. Well, apparently soon has arrived. Part café, part convenient store, I am told some of food is actually very good. I will let you know when I get there.
- Screamin’ Mimi’s is opening a 2nd location at Whitaker near Congress? Just what that intersection needed….more pizza. Sweet Melissa’s, Your Pie and now Mimi’s. Watch out for flying pepperoni at 1am.
- Season 2 of our TV show begins premieres on March 25th. Won’t tell you where, but I can tell you the plan for our second season is to be bigger and better. We’ve got a game plan, now it’s time to execute, right? Just protect the ball, remember our fundamentals, play hard for 30 minutes and the score should take care of itself, right?
- Shameless plug number 1 -Season 2 premieres on a new day and time. Sundays, 10am on WJCL-TV.
- Blowing Smoke BBQ has a new menu. Take a look at it here…. A few new dishes and the fact that they have added a Master Baker/Pastry Chef Jade Cageo. All breads now made ‘in house.’ Brian Huskey and his staff try to keep everything as fresh as they possibly can. Homemade breads and pastry…a logical next step.
- Forsyth Park Farmers Market is open. So proud of that group and everything they’ve done to grow that from a few fruits and veggies to the event it is today. And yes, it will continue to grow.
- Shameless plug number 2 –If you’d like to be a part of Season 2 of Eat It and Like It…We’ll like you to sign up for our casting call. CLICK HERE for more information.
That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
See you on TV