AB OUT THE SHOW. Emmy-nominated in 2012, the EAT IT AND LIKE IT team follows the lead of foodie JESSE BLANCO to break the culinary stereotype of southern cuisine in the American South, first re-discovering contemporary “Savannah, the top-of-mind culinary destination”. With Savannah as a launching point, EAT IT AND LIKE IT sets out to explore the South’s cultural and culinary diversity. EAT IT AND LIKE ITs economic impact? 100% of the eateries showcased by us remain in business, joining the southern city’s long list of superlative accolades. That’s more than 80 food-centered businesses in only two seasons.
EPISODES SEASON 3. We’re traveling more in 2013 for Season 3 episodes — Beach, She Food, Caliente (Spanish food with bilingual Jesse Blanco), Grits, Pet Friendly Places, Food with a View, Seafood, and Truck Stop/Roadside Food to inspire viewers to try new dishes at home or dine out more often.
EPISODES SEASON 1 AND 2. Each 30-minute episode serves up a collection of favorites — Barbecue, Breakfast & Brunch, Burgers, Chocolate, Coffee, Wings, Family Table, Holiday Sweets, Man Cave, Pub Grub, Steaks, 10 Under $10, and others.
PROMO CLIP. COMING SOON.
CELEBRITY CLIPS. Paula Deen, Stratton Leopold, Libbie Summers
NEWS. “Who wants to be a food insider?” Everyone tuned into to Eat It and Like It! No one wants mediocre food, inferior beverages, or sub-par service.
- [May 11, 2012] Savannah-based “Eat It and Like It with Jesse Blanco” Nominated for 2012 Emmy®
- March 20, 2012] “Eat It and Like It with Jesse Blanco” launches 2nd season
- [October 4, 2011] New TV Show Anticipated to Spark Slow Snowball of Jobs: Optimistic and Educational, “Eat It and Like It with Jesse Blanco” Show Stars Outside the Box Momentum
- [September 21, 2011] New TV Show To Premiere September 24, 2011: EAT IT AND LIKE IT WITH JESSE BLANCO is Part Foodie’s Little Black Book, Part Exploration, Part Top-chef Secrets
Story Ideas. Eat It and Like It goes in search of the people behind the South’s best meals. While the South is fried chicken and collard greens, it is so much more than that. Amazing food and remarkable chefs pepper this area of the country…much of which is unknown to the rest of the U.S. Popular with men and women, we started in Savannah’s Historic District and will continue to expand throughout the region.
- How big is the interest in food and beverage? Trend tracker program gives startling social media stats –
- + 250k mentions of “eat” monthly in social media.
- 250k mentions of “food” monthly in social media.
- 35k – 50k mentions of “wine” monthly in social media.
BEHIND THE SCENES.
- Jesse Blanco is Co-founder, local news anchor at WTGS-TV, and host /executive producer of the Emmy-nominated “Eat It and Like It” — Savannah’s only cross-channel/multi-media show dedicated to its culinary scene. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. *Bi-lingual Cuban American
- Senea Crystal is Co-founder of Two00One Odyssey Productions, LLC, and Eat It and Like It. Competitive in sports, brand development and marketing, Senea (pronounced Sen-NAY) is a strategic marketing and business development partner. Email email@example.com
Eat Squad. Regional foodies select less-known cafes /bistros to review.
Sponsors. Featured businesses do not pay to play. Embracing the African parable, “It takes a village…” sponsors underwrite the compelling stories. Hidden culinary gems only get better when spotlights turn on.
Social Media. Keeping it real, original productions enliven the South’s culinary appeal and invite food lovers into the conversation. Active in social media, culinary professionals and self proclaimed foodies – “all people who love to eat” — stay in touch! Daily conversations are centric to “local roots” – Twitter: @EatItandLikeIt | Facebook | Pinterest | FoodSpotting | Blogs ** Hashtags: #eatit #eat #MyLunch #southern #USASouth #savannah #food #bucketlist #foodtour #wine #beer #foodie #theSouth #cooking #recipes #chef #artisan #freshfood #organic #localfood #eatery #dining
TV Air Dates. EAT IT AND LIKE IT airs 5 to 10 times daily via City of Savannah Public Channel, plus new episodes aired on WJCL, the ABC affiliated station broadcasting to southeast Georgia and South Carolina Low Country. The City of Savannah frequently runs a 10-hour marathon of the Eat It and Like It shows, such as for St. Patrick’s Day and Labor Day.
Foodie Culinary Tours. Some celebrate Savannah cuisine from afar. Others say, “I wouldn’t miss it for the world”. First virtually, then personally, we get more international travelers and local foodies into the South’s food scenes and kitchens. The small-group “Eat It and Like It with Jesse Blanco” food tour is the third Sunday night each month. Savvy Savannah Tours has teamed up with us to introduce our culinary list of local food leaders — the high-standard, shining-star restaurants serving up small plate sides, tasty entrees, sublime desserts, attentive service, and well-chosen wines. Some fine dining, some humble; but, all serve great – not just good — pairings of food and wine.
“DO”. Since July 10, 2012, Jesse’s highly anticipated weekly food scene column has appeared in Savannah Morning News print and digital Internet on SavannahNow.com.